Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Method 8

Again, the opening video was great.

In David Lee King's video I really liked the comment that he made toward the end of the video that we all need to keep in mind that what is important is the connection not the container in which it is housed.

The strongest point I found in the articles was that if a library wants to have a facebook presence, that a Facebook Group Page would be a better choice.

OK, social networking in general.  Personally, I am not really interested.    However, professionally, I believe that it is an important tool in our professional "toolbox".  Many times an individual has to evaluate a concept in the environment in which it will be used.  That is why I would put my personal concerns aside and embrace a facebook page for my library.  Especially when reaching out to teens and young adults who embrace social networking as a daily part of their lives.

The potential is definitely there, I really believe that many, not all, libraries in one or two people libraries will need alot of help in embracing the concept and learning the tools to not only create the facebook presence but also maintain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment